Patchogue - Prehistory & Indian History (ca. 8,000 Years Ago to the Present)
See also Unkechaug [Patchogue] Indian Nation web page (PML)
See also "L.I. - Indians - Unkechaug Indian Nation" vertical files [Note: These include numerous folders on various
- Black, Julie. "Unkechaug -- A Proud Heritage." Suffolk Life, June 3, 1979: p. 1.
- Brief History of the Unkechaug Indian Nation (Poospatuck Smoke Shop)
- Gonzales, Ellice B. "Tri-Racial Isolates in a Bi-Racial Society: Poospatuck Ambiguity and Conflict" (Contributions in Ethnic Studies, No. 15). In Strategies for Survival: American Indians in the Eastern United States, ed. by Frank W. Porter, III. New York; Westport, CT; London: Greenwood Press, 1986: pp. 113-137. bibliog.: pp. 134-137.
- Harrington, John Walker. "Memories of Race Recalled by Recent Death of Martha Mayne, of the Poospatucks, of L.I." [source not indicated], 1933: n.p.
- McDonald, John. "Call Those Poospatucks Unkechaugs." Newsday, August 23, 1975: p. 6.
- "Minutes of a Meeting with Unchechaug Indians Concerning Fishing Rights" [25: 118], May 23-24, 1676. In The Andros Papers, 1674-1676: Files of the Provincial Secretary of New York During the Administration of Governor Sir Edmund Andros, 1674-1680, ed. by Peter R. Christolph and Florence R. Christolph, tr. from the Dutch by Charles H. Gehring. Syracuse, NY: Syracuse University Press, 1989-1991.
- O'Neill, Kevin. "Keeping Alive the History of the Tribe." Long Island Advance, August 12, `1993: p. 6.
- "The Poosepatuck Indians" (Footnotes to L.I. History). Long Island Advance, December 5, [1982?]: n.p.
- "The Poosepatuck Tenure is Upheld: Judge Hawkins Rejects Dana Removal Petition; Blood Kinship of Indian Descendants Cited -- Decision Goes into Interesting History of Mastic Settlement. [Argus?], March 13, 1936: n.p.
- Shaw, Osborn. "Location of Indian Tribes." Long Island Forum, 1(12) December 1938: pp. 11-12.
- "State's Indians in Public Schools as Century of Segregation Ends." New York Times, September 24, 1954: pp. 1, 50.
- "Unkechaug and Shinnecock Language Revival Project" (Unkechaug Nation [blog], April 7, 2010)
- Unkechaug Nation: The Official Blog of the Unkechaug Nation (Unkechaug Nation)
- Wilson, Marilyn. "The Unkechaug Nation: An Historical Overview." South Shore Press, July 3, 2002: p. 3.
--- PML Catalog Sampler:
- Lone Otter [Treadwell, Donald E.]. My People the Unkechaug: The Story of a Long Island Indian Tribe (Kiva Monograph Series, No. 8). Amsterdam, Netherlands: De Kiva Press, 1992.
- Mayo, Juanita Langhorn [Princess Tiana]. History of Poosepatuck Reservation. [s.l.]: Lewis Historical Publishing Co., 1958. 8 p.
- Strong, John A. The Unkechaug Indians of Eastern Long Island: A History. Norman, OK: University of Oklahoma Press, 2011.