Islip (N.Y. Town)
Note: Islip, England, southeast of Oxford, was home village of the Nichols family. The Town
was originally erected as a set of manors
- Islip, Northamptonshire [England] (Wikipedia)
- Islip (Town), New York (Wikipedia)
- National Record of Historic Places Listings in Islip (Town), New York (Wikipedia)
- Islip (N.Y. : Town). Explore Islip (The Town)
- Islip (N.Y. : Town). Town of Islip (The Town)
- Islip (N.Y. : Town). War Record of the Town of Islip, Long Island, New York, World War, 1917-1918 (1921), by Perry S. Wicks, et al. (Internet Archive)
- The Nichol (Nicholls) Family of Long Island (LI Genealogy.com)
- Mobro 4000 (Wikipedia) -- the Islip Town Garbage Barge
--- PML Catalog Sampler:
See also "L.I. - Islip (N.Y. : Town)..." vertical files
- Becker, D.S. Evaluation of a Hard Clam Spawner Transplant Site Using a Dye Tracer Technique. Srony Brook, NY: State University of New York at Stony Brook. Marine Sciences Research Center, 1978.
- Central and Eastern Long Island and Its Attractions, Embracing bay Shore, Patchogue, Sayville, Bayport, Blue Point, Bayport East and Centre Moriches, Islip, Huntington, Northport, Port jefferson and Riverhead. New York: G.W. Richardson, 1911.
- Curran, Patrick J.T. Brief History of the Town of Islip. West Sayville, NY: Suffolk County. Department of Parks and Recreation, 1983.
- East End Tricentennial Chronicle 1983: Tricentennial, Islip Town, 1683-1983: Bayport, Bohemia, Holbrook, Oakdale, Ronkonkoma, Sayville, West Sayville. [S.l.:] East End Tricentennial Committee, 1983.
- Havemeyer, Harry W. Along the Great South Bay: From Oakdale to Babylon, the Story of a Summer Spa, 1840 to 1940. Mattituck, NY: Amereon House, 1996.
- Islip (N.Y. Town). Book One of the Minutes of Town Meetings and Register of Animal Ear Marks of the Town of Islip, 1720-1851, transciptions, annotations, and indexes by Carl Starace. Islip, NY: The Town, 1987.
- Islip (N.Y. : Town). Islip Town's World War II Effort, comp. and ed. by Nathaniel R. Howell. Islip, NY: Printed by Buys Bros., 1948.
- Islip (N.Y. : Town). The Journal of Islip's Korean and Vietnam Veterans, comp. and written by Jeane M. Podhany. Islip, NY: The Town, 1987.
- Islip (N.Y. : Town). Long Island MacArthur Airport Master Plan, prepared for the Town of Islip, by Transplan, Inc. New York: [Transplan, Inc., for the Town,] 1979.
- Islip (N.Y. : Town). Goals Advisory Committee. Town of Islip Comprehensive Plan. Islip, NY: [The Committee,] 1972.
- Islip (N.Y. : Town). War Record of the Town of Islip, Long Island, New York, 1917-1918, [comp.] by Perry S. Wicks, et al. [Islip, NY: The Town], 1921.
- Islip (N.Y. : Town). MacArthur Transportation Committee. Report and Recommendations for the MacArthur Transportation Hub and Long Island Mass Trasportation. [Islip, NY: The Committee, 1964]
- Moreland, Thomas H. Government and Politics in the Town of Islip, Suffolk County, New York: A Suburban Case Study. Middleton, CT: Wesleyan University, 1965.
- Hollins, Harry B. Happy Hunting Ground. Oakdale, NY: Vanderbilt Historical Society of Dowling College, 1975.
- Residents, Town of Islip, 1720-1865, Richard P. Baldwin, comp. Oakdale, NY: William K. Vanderbilt Historical Society, 1989.
- Spinzia, Raymond E. and Judith A. Spinzia. Long Island's Prominent South Shore Families: Their Estates and Their Country Homes in the Towns of Babylon and Islip. College Station, TX: Virtual Bookworm, 2007.
- Sunrise Highway Corridor Study: Islip Town and Brookhaven Town, Suffolk County, New York, Oct. 2008 Draft Report. Hauppauge, NY: Suffolk County, NY. Planning Department, 2008.
- Town of Islip Cookbook, circa 1895. Oakdale, NY: William K. Vanderbilt Historical Society of Dowling College, [198?].
- Tricentennial Project: Islip Town: 1850 Census, David A. Kerkhof, comp. Sayville, NY: Sayville Junior High School, 1983.
- Weeks, George Lewis, Jr. Some of the Town of Islip's Early History. Bay Shore, NY: Consolidated Press, 1955.
- Winter, Jonah. Here Comes the Garbage Barge! New York: Schwartz & Wade Books, 2010.