Patchogue-Medford Area History [Brookhaven Town, Suffolk County, N.Y.]
See also East Patchogue Village History
See also Medford Village History
See also North Patchogue Village History
See also Patchogue Village History
See also Patchogue-Medford Library History
- Business & Member Directory [classified] (Greater Patchogue Chamber of Commerce)
- The INN (Interfaith Nutrition Network) [soup kitchens, homlessness issues]
- Kiwanis Club of Patchogue (Kiwanis International) [children's services]
- Medford Chamber of Commerce [business & historical district]
- Patchogue-Medford Congress of Teachers [school district]
- Patchogue-Medford Youth and Community Servces, Inc. [civic service district]
--- American Legion. Patchogue Post # 269
- "35 Years Ago, August 15, 1919" (Notes from the Advance Files). Patchogue Advance, August 12, 1954: [n.p.] -- formation of the Post by WWI veterans
- "Service Men Make Big Hit in Show: 'Over and Back' Scores Here and at Camp Upton: American Legion Members Display Talent in Show Comprising Wide Variety of Acts -- A Financial Success." Patchogue Advance, April 9, 1920: p. 1.
- "Dr Hoole, Co. Chairman: American Legion Posts in Annual Conventiuon in Setauket." Suffolk County News, September 1, 1922: p. 8.
- "75 Years Ago" (From the Archives of the Long Island Advance). Long Island Advance, June 10, 2004: p. 29. .
- John J. Kelly Heads Patchogue Legion Post." Suffolk County News, October 15, 1937: p. 2.
- "Plans Expansion." County Review, June 14, 1945: p. 3.
- "50 Years Ago" (From the Archives of the Long Island Advance). Long Island Advance, February 5, 2004: p. 23. -- monument 
- "Board Bows to Legion Demand for Probe." Suffolk County News, December 4, 1958: p. 8.
- Educators Cleared: Bd. Probe Upholds Trio's Americanism. Patchogue Advance, December 11, 1958: p. 1.
- "County Legionnaires Met at Patchogue Post." The Watchman, February 16, 1967: p. 7.
- Dumas, Edward. "American Legion Post Needs Help for Cannons." Long Island Advance, June 30, 1988: p. 18.
- Dumas, Edward. "Cannon Restoration Continues." Long Island Advance, August 25, 1988: [n.p.]
- Dumas, Edward. "Volunteers Begin Work on American Legion Cannons." Long Island Advance. August 11, 1988: p. 29.
- Hanson, Harry T. "History of Patchogue Post # 269." [Patchogue, NY: The Post, n.d.]
- "Legion Post, a Sprightly 70, Ambitiously Looks Forward." Main Street Press, [n.d.]: pp. 1, 7.
- Patchogue Post No. 269. [Patchogue, NY: The Post, n.d.: n.p.]
- Fuentes, Nicole. "New American Legion Post Commander." Long Island Advance, June 9, 2022: p. 3.
-- General history
- Greater Patchogue Historical Society - Telephone: (631) 654-1712
-- Government agencies
- Incorporated Village of Patchogue [governmental district]
- Suffolk Planning Commission Comes to Patchogue, by Michael Sorrentino (Patchogue Patch, May 6, 2011)
See also Patchogue-Medford Library History in Brief web page
- Library Earns National Honor for Community Outreach: One of Five National Libraries to Earn $10,000 Award, by Michael Sorrentino (Patchogue Patch)
- Patchogue-Medford Library [library district]
- Patchogue-Medford Library (U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services - National Medal Winners - 2010)
- Patchogue Advance, 1926-1979 and Medford News, 1935-1941 - courtesy Long Island Advance - are searchable, using New York State Historic Newspapers
-- School District
- Patchogue-Medford Union Free School District [school district]
- PMHS Junior Wins [National] Civil War Essay Contest: Martin Carlino Awarded $1000 for Essay on President Lincoln, by Krystle L. DiNicola (Patchogue Patch, June 13, 2011) - awarded by the Civil War Roundtable of New York and the Gilder Lehrman Institute of American History, the latter to publish the essay online on their website
-- Historic Images
- Digital PML Photograph Collection
- Digital PML Map Collection
- A. Noble Chapman Collection (Queens Library Digital Archives) -- Chapman, and his older brother, William, worked as photographers in Patchogue from app. 1905 to app. 1920. Includes views of individuals, groups, churches, homes and businesses in Patchogue and the surrounding villages.
- Graves of Those Lost at Sea, Buried in Lakeview Cemetery, Patchogue (Long Island Genealogy.com)
- Historic Images of Patchogue (Incorporated Village of Patchogue @ Facebook.com)
- Virginia Roe Marshall Scrapbook Images (Patchogue-Medford Library. Celia M. Hastings Local History Room.)
- Digitizing Local History Sources (Palmer School of Library and Information Science, Long Island University) -- Contributions from the Greater Patchogue Historical Society, including, among other materials, Swezey's Department Store Advertising Scrapbooks, and photographs from the Chapman Brothers Photography Studio.
--- Oral History
- Patchogue-Medford Schools 6th and 7th Grade Oral History Projects: General Index to Interviews Transcriptions, 1985-1986, that Appeared in: Patchogue Then and Now (1985), The Patchwork Book, v. 1 (1985), and The Patchwork Book, v. 2 (1986) PMJHS Oral History Transcription Index, comp. by Mark Rothenberg (Patchogue-Medford Library. Celia M. Hastings Local History Room)
--- PML Catalog Sampler:
- Patchogue Then and Now: A Collection of Oral Biographies, by the Seventh Grade Students of Dorothy Bamberger, South Ocean Avenue Middle School, Patchogue, NY: [Patchogue, NY: s.n.], 1985.
- The Patchwork Book. Patchogue, NY: Patchogue-Medford Public Schools, [1985-1986].
- Historical Population of Long Island Communities, 1790-1980: Decennial Census Data, August 1982 / comp. and ed. by SUNY at Stony Brook, Barbara Shupe, Project Director, et al. and Long Island Regional Planning Board, Roy Fedelem, et al. -- For East Patchogue (see p. 40), Medford (see p. 48) North Patchogue (see p. 51), Patchogue (see p. 53)
- Society for the Preservation of Long Island Antiquities. SPLIA Historic Structure, Building -Structure, Historic District, and Archaeological Site Inventories for East Moriches, Center Moriches, Moriches, Mastic, Southaven, Brookhaven Hamlet, Bellport, East Patchogue, Medford, North Patchogue, Blue Point, New York, 8 vols. - Note: Patchogue, itself, was not surveyed
-- The Patchogues
- Greater Patchogue Directory, Covering Patchogue, North Patchogue, and East Patchogue / Frank Joseph Mooney, pubr. (1947)
See also the following web pages:
East Patchogue Village History (Unincorporated village & CDP)
Medford Village History (Unincorporated village & CDP)
North Patchogue Village History (Unincorporated Village & CDP)
Patchogue Village History (Incorporated village)
Note: This classified web page also has sub-pages, on various themes