Patchogue-Medford Area or District History [Brookhaven Town, Suffolk County, N.Y.]
- Business & Member Directory [classified] (Greater Patchogue Chamber of Commerce)
- The INN (Interfaith Nutrition Network) [soup kitchens, homlessness issues]
- Kiwanis Club of Patchogue (Kiwanis International) [children's services]
- Medford Chamber of Commerce [business & historical district]
- Patchogue-Medford Congress of Teachers [school district]
- Patchogue-Medford Youth and Community Servces, Inc. [civic service district]
--- American Legion. Patchogue Post # 269
- "35 Years Ago, August 15, 1919" (Notes from the Advance Files). Patchogue Advance, August 12, 1954: [n.p.] -- formation of the Post by WWI veterans
- "Service Men Make Big Hit in Show: 'Over and Back' Scores Here and at Camp Upton: American Legion Members Display Talent in Show Comprising Wide Variety of Acts -- A Financial Success." Patchogue Advance, April 9, 1920: p. 1.
- "Dr Hoole, Co. Chairman: American Legion Posts in Annual Conventiuon in Setauket." Suffolk County News, September 1, 1922: p. 8.
- "75 Years Ago" (From the Archives of the Long Island Advance). Long Island Advance, June 10, 2004: p. 29. .
- John J. Kelly Heads Patchogue Legion Post." Suffolk County News, October 15, 1937: p. 2.
- "Plans Expansion." County Review, June 14, 1945: p. 3.
- "50 Years Ago" (From the Archives of the Long Island Advance). Long Island Advance, February 5, 2004: p. 23. -- monument 
- "Board Bows to Legion Demand for Probe." Suffolk County News, December 4, 1958: p. 8.
- Educators Cleared: Bd. Probe Upholds Trio's Americanism. Patchogue Advance, December 11, 1958: p. 1.
- "County Legionnaires Met at Patchogue Post." The Watchman, February 16, 1967: p. 7.
- Dumas, Edward. "American Legion Post Needs Help for Cannons." Long Island Advance, June 30, 1988: p. 18.
- Dumas, Edward. "Cannon Restoration Continues." Long Island Advance, August 25, 1988: [n.p.]
- Dumas, Edward. "Volunteers Begin Work on American Legion Cannons." Long Island Advance. August 11, 1988: p. 29.
- Hanson, Harry T. "History of Patchogue Post # 269." [Patchogue, NY: The Post, n.d.]
- "Legion Post, a Sprightly 70, Ambitiously Looks Forward." Main Street Press, [n.d.]: pp. 1, 7.
- Patchogue Post No. 269. [Patchogue, NY: The Post, n.d.: n.p.]
-- General history
- Greater Patchogue Historical Society - Telephone: (631) 654-1712 [historical dsitrict]
-- Government agencies
- Incorporated Village of Patchogue [governmental district]
- Suffolk Planning Commission Comes to Patchogue, by Michael Sorrentino (Patchogue Patch, May 6, 2011)
See also Patchogue-Medford Library History in Brief web page
- Library Earns National Honor for Community Outreach: One of Five National Libraries to Earn $10,000 Award, by Michael Sorrentino (Patchogue Patch)
- Patchogue-Medford Library [library district]
- Patchogue-Medford Library (U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services. News and Events. Press Releases, November 16, 2010)
- Patchogue Advance, 1926-1969 and Medford News, 1935-1941 - courtesy Long Island Advance - are searchable, using Suffolk Historic Newspapers, - use advanced search, scroll down, highlight the Advance, enter your search
-- School District
- Patchogue-Medford Union Free School District [school district]
- PMHS Junior Wins [National] Civil War Essay Contest: Martin Carlino Awarded $1000 for Essay on President Lincoln, by Krystle L. DiNicola (Patchogue Patch, June 13, 2011) - awarded by the Civil War Roundtable of New York and the Gilder Lehrman Institute of American History, the latter to publish the essay online on their website
-- Historic Images
- Digital PML Photograph Collection
- Digital PML Map Collection
- Graves of Those Lost at Sea, Buried in Lakeview Cemetery, Patchogue (Long Island Genealogy.com)
- Historic Images of Patchogue (Incorporated Village of Patchogue @ Facebook.com)
- Monuments Honoring Those Who Gave Their Lives (Greater Patchogue Historical Society)
- Patchogue Postcards (Greater Patchogue Historical Society)
- Patchogue Village Uncovers Trolley Tracks (Greater Patchogue Historical Society)
- Robert Zoeller Mural (Greater Patchogue Historical Society)
- Suffolk Traction Company (Greater Patchogue Historical Society)
- Swan River Schoolhouse Close Up (Greater Patchogue Historical Society)
- Swan River Schoolhouse, 150th Anniversary (Greater Patchogue Historical Society)
- Virginia Roe Marshall Scrapbook Images (Patchogue-Medford Library. Celia M. Hastings Local History Room.)
- Winter in Patchogue (Greater Patchogue Historical Society)
--- Oral History
- Patchogue-Medford Schools 6th and 7th Grade Oral History Projects: General Index to Interviews Transcriptions, 1985-1986, that Appeared in: Patchogue Then and Now (1985), The Patchwork Book, v. 1 (1985), and The Patchwork Book, v. 2 (1986) PMJHS Oral History Transcription Index, comp. by Mark Rothenberg (Patchogue-Medford Library. Celia M. Hastings Local History Room)
--- PML Catalog Sampler:
- Patchogue Then and Now: A Collection of Oral Biographies, by the Seventh Grade Students of Dorothy Bamberger, South Ocean Avenue Middle School, Patchogue, NY: [Patchogue, NY: s.n.], 1985.
- The Patchwork Book. Patchogue, NY: Patchogue-Medford Public Schools, [1985-1986].
- Historical Population of Long Island Communities, 1790-1980: Decennial Census Data, August 1982 / comp. and ed. by SUNY at Stony Brook, Barbara Shupe, Project Director, et al. and Long Island Regional Planning Board, Roy Fedelem, et al. -- For East Patchogue (see p. 40), Medford (see p. 48) North Patchogue (see p. 51), Patchogue (see p. 53)
- Society for the Preservation of Long Island Antiquities. SPLIA Historic Structure, Building -Structure, Historic District, and Archaeological Site Inventories for East Moriches, Center Moriches, Moriches, Mastic, Southaven, Brookhaven Hamlet, Bellport, East Patchogue, Medford, North Patchogue, Blue Point, New York, 8 vols. - Note: Patchogue, itself, was not surveyed
-- The Patchogues
- Greater Patchogue Directory, Covering Patchogue, North Patchogue, and East Patchogue / Frank Joseph Mooney, pubr. (1947)
- Patchogue (Ask.com. Reference.com)
See also the following web pages:
East Patchogue Village History (Unincorporated village & CDP)
Medford Village History (Unincorporated village & CDP)
North Patchogue Village History (Unincorporated Village & CDP)
Patchogue Village History (Incorporated village)
Note: This classified web page also has sub-pages, on various themes